- Full time, hourly employee
- Set your own flexible schedule, prioritizing company needs
- Reports to the CEO
The Finance Manager works with the CEO and Leadership team to track and manage all financial data for both clients and consultants. A successful candidate will have proven experience with organizational skills, financial management, operational accounting, administration, and clear communication.
You’re highly driven and passionate about co-creating and maintaining a framework for high-performing professionals to have impactful careers while still pursuing what’s important outside of work. You lead by example, living your own story while growing your career with the Apiary Collective.
- Strong personal values that align with our career-driven, lifestyle-friendly vision
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience is a must
- Knowledgeable with US GAAP, accrual, and cash basis accounting
- Basic understanding of taxes and tax law
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience working remotely, including being comfortable with remote work-based tools such as Google Workspace (Gmail, Sheets, Docs), messaging tools (Slack, Discord), time-tracking tools (Teamwork, Harvest)
- Experience working in a client-facing role or client-focused organization
- High attention to detail
- Responsive, organized, and reliable communication across all forms of communication
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Quickbooks Online or similar cloud-based accounting software
- Experience with payroll software (Gusto, Quickbooks Payroll, ADP, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus!
- Experience in an agency/consultancy is a MAJOR PLUS!
- Run full-cycle accounting (general ledger, A/P, A/R, month-end close)
- Prepare financial reports (profit & loss, balance sheet)
- Prepare management discussion and analysis (MD&A)
- Facilitate budgets, projections, and variance analyses
- Maintain and update accounting schedules (deferrals, accruals, etc.)
- Treasury management (cash flow, risk management)
- Tax processing (estimated payments, distributions, 1099s, W-2s, etc.)
- Process business insurance renewals
- Process payroll and personnel administration
- Coordinate with CPA on federal and multi-state tax filings
- Own documentation on all accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements
- Ad-hoc accounting/admin tasks as needed
Apiary Digital is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Program and employment policies of Apiary Digital are nondiscriminatory in regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
The demand for curating structurally flexible teams of independent performance digital marketing consultants (“The Collective”) became clear, and in 2015 Apiary Digital was born—a passionate community of on-demand marketers ready to drive results for clients.
Today, we are on a mission to take Apiary Digital to the next level, seeking a Director of Operations for this thriving, unique, small agency business. This is an exciting opportunity to build on a business that has both a strong foundation and room to partner in creating the future of the organization.