B2B Client Strategy Consultant
Responsible for client retention and satisfaction, digital strategy that aligns to client’s business goals, and ensuring team success in executing against business goals.
- Ensure client understands performance and has a strong perception of Apiary’s value
- Enable main client contact to communicate big wins to multiple internal stakeholders
- Ensure Apiary team is providing excellent client communication and is prepared for calls and presentations
- Develop strong relationship with main client POC
- Manage client expectations and maintain focus on strategic initiatives
- Responsible for facilitating client onboarding and managing transitions such as client contact turnover
- Maintain strong understanding of the client’s business and ensure objectives being worked are meaningful to the business
- Ask the critical “why” and help the client as well as consultants make strategic shifts when needed
- Guide, document, and communicate clear goals including big-picture and channel-specific KPIs
- Ensure the client understands what could be accomplished with more budget, scope, resources, better tools, channel/geo expansion, infrastructure, etc.
- Guide, document, and communicate clear processes for cross-channel media strategy and planning including advertising initiatives, major client meetings, QBRs, strategy decks, and annual planning
- Proactively identify, communicate, and address potential performance issues
- Ensure Apiary’s business development strategy is closely aligned to the client’s business needs and the team’s strategic roadmap
- Proactively identify and escalate new business opportunities as well as potential client retention
- Ensure deliverables are on-scope and include presentation of the SOW tracker to the client
- Provide input on scope changes, as needed
- Ensure project plan is being updated and aligns to overall digital strategy
- Ensure Apiary and client teams are using Apiary processes and resources (Apiary deliverable templates, project planning framework, logging hours in TW, etc.)
- Ensure new team members are onboarded to the project, as needed, with support from Operations
- Ensure consultants have the resources, information, and coaching they need to deliver according to the client’s business needs
- Ensure efficient workflow and communication framework are in place internally and with the client
Subject matter requirements
- 10+ years experience in digital marketing with strong understanding of the overall digital media landscape
- Subject matter expertise in at least one of the following areas: SEM, SEO, paid social, programmatic, or analytics
- 5+ years of client-facing experience with a proven record of success in a client-focused organization
- Extensive background working with Fortune 1000 enterprise clients
- At least 3 years of team management experience
- At least 3 years of project management or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of engaging in constructive, solution-focused difficult conversations and decision-making, and saying “no” even when it’s hard
- Experience working with freelancers and contractors
- Quantitatively savvy
- Proficiency with Excel
Client management requirements
- Extensive experience working directly with clients
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working as a team lead
- Leading client communications
- Aligning expectations across team members and clients
- Ensuring strategy and roadmap deliver on business objectives
- Strong project management skills
- Responsive, organized, and reliable communication across email, video conferencing, and tools like Slack and Google Apps for Work
We’re looking to build our roster of digital marketing consultants for both immediate and potential future projects across a variety of clients. Apply today.
Apiary Digital is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Program and employment policies of Apiary Digital are nondiscriminatory in regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
A collective, not an agency.
Apiary Digital® is a collective of experienced independent marketing consultants. We regularly bring in exciting client projects and match them with teams of consultants — all pre-vetted members of the Collective. We provide a fully curated, supported experience to both clients and consultants.